Saturday, April 6, 2024

Typography

 Module 2: Typography



This is a map that I created to show the major swamps and river systems in Florida. This map also displays the major cities and capitol of Florida. The goals of this assignment were to define and insert essential map element's, label a map in accordance with general typographic guidelines, and employ proper type placement for different feature types (point, line, area). 

The map that I created displays all the major city locations, capital, river systems, and swamps areas in Florida. I have provided the source of data, legend, scale bar for reference, compass, and author of map. 

One of the customizations I did for my map was using themed point symbols for the capital and major cities. I customized labels by using a white outline for major cities, capital, and swamps. I also edited the vertices with the river names to make the fit better and more centered on the rivers. I used a green fill color for swamps, I didn’t change color of rivers I liked the baby blue color they already use, and made all counties a deep blue so rivers were more identifiable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Module 7 Google Earth

 Google Earth For this week's lab we were tasked with creating a dot density map of south Florida in Google Earth. The map also includes...